Music itself is an amazing thing. The right inspiring lyrics, the melody or even just the right chorus can give you awaken that slumbering spirit inside of you; music provides a quick pick me up to motivate you to accomplish your daily goals; sometimes it’s just a reminder about appreciating the beauty of the world that we live in and provides the lift that we occasionally need to get through the day.
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – “Don’t you know that there ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough. To keep me from getting to you”
Swedish House Mafia – “Who’s gonna save the world tonight? Who’s gonna bring you back to life?”
Demi Lovato – “Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground”.
Chumbawumba – “I get knocked down, But I get up again, You’re never going to keep me down”
Black Eyed Peas – “Take control of your mind and meditate”
Queen – “And bad mistakes I’ve made a few I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face – But I’ve come through because we are the champions”.
Ben E. King – “No I won’t be afraid. Oh I won’t be afraid”.
When I listen to these songs the lyrics seem to have a common theme:
- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell – ain’t no mountain high enough that will keep God from getting to you. in other words…
- Romans 8:39 “Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” —
- Swedish House Mafia – Who’s gonna bring you back to life?
- Ezekiel 37:5-6 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.
- Demi Lovato –“Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground”.
- John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
- Chumbawumba – “I get knocked down, But I get up again, You’re never going to keep me down”
- Revelations 1:18 “I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave”
- Black Eyed Peas – “Take control of your mind and meditate”
- Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
- Queen – W”e got sand kicked in our face… we are the champions…”
- Romans 8:36-37 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”
- Ben E. King – “No I won’t be afraid. Oh I won’t be afraid”.
- Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you…”
This may sound weird but for me, everywhere I look, everything I hear is in some way worshiping God our Creator.
Praise and worship seems to be universal. Worshiping is built into our DNA and I believe it is a basic need for every person. A simple definition of worship is to regard with great devotion or to honor as a divine being. Take a second to think about what you are most devoted to in this life and ask yourself, “Is it worthy of my devotion; do I worship a divine being?”
EVERYONE worships something – however, we don’t all worship the same God, but everyone worships something or someone. Since we all worship, we should question the reason for this desire. The most logical conclusion is that we were created by a higher being for the very purpose of worship.