What is a hadith? in religious use is often translated as ‘tradition’, meaning a report of the teachings, deeds and sayings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. The hadith literature was compiled from oral reports that were present in society around the time of their compilation, well after the death of Muhammad. The hadith I am using is the Bukhari’s collection… this is considered by many traditional religious scholars as the most ‘reliable‘ and was compiled two centuries after the death of the Prophet. Hadiths reports claim to originate from important characters of the earliest years of Islam such as the companions of Muhammad or Shia Imams/Religious leaders.
In the hadith (Sahih-Al-Bukhari Bk 73; Num 224) Mohammed said, “The most awful name in Allah’s sight on the Day of Resurrection, will be (that of) a man calling himself Malik Al-Amlak (the King of kings).” I encourage you to Google this verse for your own verification
1. Who is this King of kings? 1 Tim 6:13-15 and Rev 19:16
- 1 Timothy 6:13-15 In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,6 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
- Revelations 19:13-16 He (God) is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
“King of kings and lord of lords.”
2. What will Allah do when he see’s the King of kings?
- Revelations 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
3. Why would Allah say that the most awful name in (Allah’s) sight will be on the day of Resurrection when the King of king appears? Why is this awful for Allah?
- Revelations 20:10 (On the day of resurrection when the King of kinds appears – there will be judgment) “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”